Saturday, August 29, 2015

Bella Brita Review

Header

 
The header looks great…clean and appealing on PC and mobile.

I like the simplicity and colour of the header however I find it's over shadowed by the Google AdSense Ad - I would recommend moving the ad below the navigation bar, also I found when I moved mine I had a higher click through rate.



The header tells me exactly what type of blogger she is and were to find her content.  


Sidebar (appearance and arrangement)

 
Is love.life.latitude your newsletter? If so, it might be more effective for you to label it as such. 
You have a sidebar widget with the title My Favorite Christian Feminist Books that is empty.
 
Her side bar again shows where to find content with bright colors.  It's easy to see where to sign up for email subscriptions and search her site.  Right at top we can see who Bella Brita is and read more about her.

I like how the sidebar isn't cluttered with advertisements. Would prefer if the popular posts had a thumbnail image beside them like the recent posts.
  


How easy it is to follow on social media

 
Your social media icons are attractive and easily found.
 
The social media buttons are right were I'd look to find them.  And they work.  :)

Social media icons are easy to find - I might make them a little larger or elaborate but on the other hand they do seem to go with the simplistic style of the blog.

Might also add a Pinterest board widget but, that could just be me.

Content

 
The content is interesting. The verbiage is definitely set for a higher reading level than the average blog thus giving it a more academic feel.

Like the honesty in your writing style, and a great use of photos throughout your posts. 

How easy it is to read (fonts, etc.)

 
The font is appealing, readable and flowing.
 
I like her font.  It's big and bold enough to see even on my phone. 

How easy it is to navigate, and find what you are looking for.

 
The top menu does not seem to serve much of a navigational purpose other than the home tab.

Found it fairly east to navigate with the navigation bar, search bar and I liked the colourful category tabs. Might make more categories in the navigation tabs though as it's the first thing people see.
 

Overall appearance

 
I think the site is visually appealing and well organized.

 
 
Looking at Bella Brita and find her site very appealing to the eye.  The colors are bright and enticing, which I like.  

Other comments or suggestions

 
Brita, because your viewpoint is unique I think it would be helpful to have “stop here first” tab to explain your general viewpoint and presuppositions. It would give the reader a better idea of your POV.
 
Over all I like what I see when I come to Bella Brita.  My only suggestion is removing the AD at the top.  I do not like that, personally.  That's just me.  


 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed my blog! I will try my Adsense ad below the toolbar. I worried that it would interrupt the scheme, which is why I had it at the very top. I'll test it there for a month to see if my CTR changes or if anyone remarks they preferred it the old way. I'll also add something in my nav bar about "First Visitors" or "Read This First" or similar verbiage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed my blog! I will try my Adsense ad below the toolbar. I worried that it would interrupt the scheme, which is why I had it at the very top. I'll test it there for a month to see if my CTR changes or if anyone remarks they preferred it the old way. I'll also add something in my nav bar about "First Visitors" or "Read This First" or similar verbiage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog have nice information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...