I originally began writing a post on how to use twitter and in the process decided to update my twitter header and decided to share the results with you. I am in no way claiming to be a professional but thought the end result didn't look too shabby.
Here is the original header I was using, I just simply uploaded a copy of my blog header, I'm sure some of you can relate...
And here is the new header ...
Not a drastic change but what do you guys think of the improvement?
You can check out my header live in action on Twitter, and don't forget to follow me while you're there =)
I also changed my profile pic because I thought I was looking a little grumpy in the first one, although I think I still need to work on my selfies.
I created the new header in PicMonkey using 1500 x 500 dimensions, although I recommend leaving the top 80 pixels and the bottom 40 pixels blank (you can check the pixels by using the crop function) as my first attempt was cut off. Also don't forget the placement of the profile picture in your design.
I used a couple social media buttons, (you can download some I created for free) and color matched from my heading (you can find how to do that in a PicMonkey Tutorial I wrote) and that's basically it.
Oh yeah and if you want to get fancy I also color matched my twitter theme colour to match my header. You can find the colour code when you click on the colour in PicMonkey or most other design programs.
And if you are interested in me designing you a personalized Twitter Header for free - check out the contest.
So that's it. Please let me know if you had any questions, or if I didn't explain anything thoroughly. Thanks!