Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Free Blog Image Sources

I have to admit I am not a great photographer. My images are often out of focus, not straight and half the time I forget to charge my camera battery in the first place.

free stock images for your blog


So where can you find images for your blog for free? And that are often copyright free, so you don`t have to even give attribution or credit (unless you want to)

The first site I found was Wikipedia.org. They are great for celebrity images, images for cities and brand logos.

free celebrity images

The next site I found was FreeRangeStock. They have a fairly good selection of searchable images - all for free. You just have to sign up for their site (free) and put in a password everytime you download an image.

free images for your blog

Flickr actually has a vary wide variety of photos. Just search any topic you want and change the License to Creative Commons Only to find images that are free to use. You may have to read each individuals terms to find if they require attribution, a link or their personal requirements.

free blog images
Photo by Moyan Brenn

FreeImages.com has a good source of searchable images including several simple (white background) images of food, as well as vectors, backgrounds and more. They require you to sign-up for downloading.

free vectors for your blog


Possibly my new favourite, Pixabay has a really large selection of free images for download, without even requiring you to sign up. Only captcha required for download.

cute photos for your blog

Morgue File   has gorgeous images free for download and are all searchable. No membership required.

free blog photos

Picography also has beautiful pictures but doesn`t have the largest selection.

free blog images

I also love all the amazing photos from Unsplash.com They add 10 new ones every 10 days. But it`s too bad you can`t search them....


I also recently found PixClicx by Jill Levenhagen and her styled stock photos are gorgeous!

copyright free blog images

So these are my favourite sites for free blog images just make sure to double check that they are available to use however you choose and that you do not require to give credit to the photographer. What are your favourite sites for free blog images?





9 comments:

  1. This is awesome, because I have been paying for my images! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list. Thanks you for linking up. I have pinned to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list...better than another one I recently found. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the pins!! And glad you like the FREE images The Golden Rule Kids!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the list. I'm always on the hunt for free images...and some of the sites say they're free but they're not...I've added these to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this list! More info I really needed to figure out for Simply Save! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My photography isn't too great either so I'm always happy to find free photo sites. Thanks for sharing these - I hadn't heard of Free Range Stock before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh this is amazing! Thank you for this list, I've been SOO flummoxed by the whole photos thing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was very helpful. I love Pixabay too! Found you on #overthemoon link party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...