Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Creating Family Goals



I don't know what is, but lately I have been thinking a lot about improving, trying to be a better person with better habits and helping my children overcome bad habits or learning new skills and moving forward.

I think a lot of us, especially mothers feel overwhelmed at times (or sometimes a lot of the time) about not being able to do it all, at least I know I do!

I want to cook healthy delicious meals - that are not a little - to moderately overcooked (I want to say a minor fear of giving my entire family salmonella poising causes me to way overcook my chicken pretty much every time, and well I also get distracted very easily)

Now where was I going... Oh right. I also wanted to keep a clean, tidy house, one where my super clean in-laws can actually wear there white socks over to my house. I`m not saying my house is super dirty - it`s just always a little unkempt and maybe one to two weeks past due for mopping...

Not to mention I wish I was super organized so I am not constantly looking for things or running out of important things like diapers or milk.

I wish I could control our budget so we can start actually saving for retirement at 30, spend quality time playing and teaching the children... and on and on. Hmmm, I think that may have overwhelmed me a little, I`m sure you know where I am going with this.

So I like to choose one goal at a time that I want to work on for that month or until I have somewhat of a grasp on it, until moving forward. And I like to choose one goal for each of the kids - for instance I am potty training my 3 year old which I think is enough as she has yet to tell me she has to pee um ever so that's a post for another day. And I was trying to get my one year old to sleep through the night and stop screaming all day every day - I already have concentration problems.

So anyway to sum up this round about post - I think each family member should choose a goal to work towards, we can all improve ourselves. I want to learn how to clean up after myself and the kids so I am not constantly playing catch up and lately I`m thinking I need to be a little more grateful for what I have which when the kids decide to both pitch a major meltdown at the same time is sometimes difficult.

So I wanted to start making my own printables, I thought each family member could write down their name and major (and possibly secondary goal) and this is what I came up with...


Yup a Nobel attempt at creating my own free printable but I won`t completely blame you if you don`t want to print it and stick it on you fridge - although the lines are almost straight... lol.

So then I went on Pinterest and found you this cute one from My Love for Words. You can download her cute Monthly Goal Tracker for free.

Monthly goal tracker

Would love for you to comment and let me know what you decide on for your family goals.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...